Wednesday 17 August 2011

Rinse & Repeat



Right. My blogging cherry has now well and truly been popped.

I have several posts behind me and, although I would be the first to admit that they range in quality of both content and delivery,  the first ominous feelings of “Cyber Stage Fright” are now behind me. 
 I may only be a chorus girl struggling her way through the routine at the back and not yet the front stage prima ballerina of the web but the worst is over…

Now, before I succumb to the desire to produce endless posts that are aimed at gaining a following or shamefully written to please, I need to stop. Take 5 and focus.

The original aim of this blog was, to chart my attempts and first tentative steps into a new career and a complete lifestyle overhaul.

To help plan and plot my path as much as document it.

But this has all started to seem terribly self-indulgent and conceited. From what I have read in the blog community to write purely about yourself reeks of a level of vanity that is more befitting a “Geordie shore “ “Star” than a human being who aims at being taken seriously and saying something worth reading.

Then again, I need to re-think who I am writing for.  I don’t was to seem ungrateful for anyone who reads or comments  ( because I’m really not) and it is obviously more satisfying to feel “read”  than alone in the blogosphere, but it is for myself as much as for anyone else? To develop my writing skills and to build and online “Filing Cabinet” of my ideas, thoughts, issues & memories as well as to serve as a journal, all of which I can then utilize to help achieve the end goal, The Book, to give its prose depth and a clarity of purpose ,whilst  de-cluttering  my mind so I can focus on the task at hand.

Talking of focus, the newly found joys of blogging have rather drawn me away from my other endeavour, the painting.

The Exhibition that I have been invited to join is rapidly approaching and with the festivities of Manchester Pride taking up almost a week (including recovery time), time is running out to meet the self declared  “collection” number of 5 pieces…

So I am away to consider my next move blog wise, to muse on what I really want to say & spend some time on the canvas that has been a sketch for weeks, that will become “The Exchange”, the final for my Falmouth collection.

Some time alone with the paints and some good music may clear my head and my nagging blog doubts.

TheArtfulBlogger

No comments:

Post a Comment