Tuesday 23 August 2011

A Big Fat Thank You!


After the fantastic response that the last post I put on here had, the first chapter of the ominous book I’m Writing (Killing Christopher http://tianbiscuits.blogspot.com/2011/08/killing-christopher.html), It has been hard to face the task of coming up with something that would aptly and snugly glide right in as the next post after with the ease and style of Lorraine Kelly delivering a particularly tedious link on morning T.V…


Not a hint of growler in sight for the ever giggling presenter


After much thought, I have decided that it is an almost impossible task. But here goes.

First, my deep gratitude for the flood of comments and the support you have shown and for the messages and mails that you have sent. They have really helped to breathe new life into a severely flagging mission. I feel renewed by the warmth shown and driven by the occasional critique that was offered up, which all was taken in the best way.

All in all, I am, a week after the event, pleased that I made the decision to post the document. It has helped and given the project a much needed nudge.

Secondly I wanted to apologise for the distinct lack of attention I have paid, or would seem to have paid, to this blog.  It has been almost a week since I updated it, a cardinal rule in the world of blogging. My only defence is that I wanted the chapter to remain first on the page for maximum exposure.

Third, as I said before I feel renewed in my efforts with the book and have been working on it with new passion for the last week.  I will keep you updated on its progress but for now I will move the issue to the side.  Please continue to spread the link as far and wide as you can. It was really helpful.  And thank you again

For now my attentions turn to rather more frivolous occasions.



Myself. My best mate and the ever wondrous sister are heading to Manchester Pride’s Big Weekend http://www.manchesterpride.com/ for 4 days of hedonism and carnage all with silly T-shirts, lashings of alcohol and with a Parade to boot. What fun!!

We have a 2 bed apartment booked for the 4 days with Wi-Fi available so I will aim to blog a little while I’m there.

TheArtfulBlogger

No comments:

Post a Comment