Wednesday 17 August 2011

Killing Christopher


After much deliberation & careful thought I have decided, in the true spirit of openness and sharing, to publish the first chapter of the book that I am currently working on.

I thought that it would achieve 2 main aims in this context.

1.       To serve as a piece of extended background information for this blog, detailing how and why I am in the position I am in and why I hope to achieve some of the things I do.

2.       I hope that it may gain me some valuable feedback. This is my first writing project and the whole process as well as the resulting prose have morphed and changed along the way. Feedback and critique can only help further this.

I also need to get over the fear of sharing. Letting go of my words….  So here goes.

The work is pretty much intact as I typed it first draft. There will be alterations and amendments but this will give you an idea of where I am starting from.

I hope to look back on this moment in years to come with a cigar, a brandy and a deep -bellied laugh at how benign it all is after a long and satisfying career in the art of the written word.

Feel free to express your thoughts, ideas and comments.


The document is stored on Google Docs

TheArtfulBlogger

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be honest I don't read and I just sat and read throw this, would like to say it saddens me to read this but in the same way makes me think how lucky I am and should make more affert in my own life, would like to see more, but what you have done is brilliant and it keeps you on track and focused!!!!

Paula Crabb said...

Christian. As a former colleague I didn't want to read this chapter as it was obvious what you were going through at the time. However I must say it really saddens me to read the story written from your heart. It really is heart wrenching stuff. You have found your 'niche' in life with your art and writng. Blessings x

Michelle ralphs said...

There are no words to express how I felt after reading this. Knowing part of what you went through leaves me in awe of how you have found the strength to be the amazing person you are today. I now have to read your book Christian as I'm sure many others will agree you have a gift with words and it will be impossible to put your book down. Xxxx love to you and your family

Unknown said...

well done chris so proud of you. its a lovely tribute to our mum. keep up the good work xxx

Post a Comment