Thursday 4 August 2011

Ladies & Gentlemen...I begin


So here goes. My first tentative steps into the blogosphere, the first words sent out into the wide unknown to fend for themselves in the endless traffic of the web. Best try to get them all correct then. 

So why blogging?
Well I’m a 30 year old single gay guy that has lived what can only be described as a “colourful, extreme & varied life” &  although I'm saving the best for my book, in short;
I had a chaotic and crazy childhood filled with violence and abuse,
This developed into rebellious & tortured teenage years (but whose weren’t right?). This all ended up leading to a hectic & unfulfilled 20 something.... which involved finding and promptly losing “The Great Love” followed a year later, when I was 27, by my mother’s “suspicious death” & the ensuing circus that entailed. The break –down followed right on schedule a year after that, prompting me to have to leave my job. Months of counsellors, analysts and the like followed while I sat here watching life fall to bits around me…2 long years I sat. Staring at the walls; battling depression and post-traumatic stress disorder, wondering what move to make? What to do? And I’m well aware that I am not alone or alone in my situation. We all have our issues, our histories, that’s what shapes us! But, there is only amount of time that any man can stare at a wall, turns out its 2 years. ….
So I digress….Why Blogging?
This is the start of a change for me, the change from what I have become through the events of my life & my own actions, into the man that I aspire to be; The total overhaul of my life, my mind & my soul.   The aim of this blog is to document the change, sharing my journey & my efforts, whilst hopefully inspiring a few others at the same time.  

Here’s to change……and blogging!     

No comments:

Post a Comment